Thursday, February 27, 2014

SAHM?? Yes please!

Sooooooooo, I made a huge decision yesterday. I wrote a letter of resignation and will be resigning from my job, effective March 27th. The choice did not come lightly, but after long and careful consideration, it is time for me to be a stay-at-home mom. It makes the most sense for my family right now. Especially after losing my mom, it has just hit me hard how precious life is and that my baby girl will only be little for so long. I cannot be more thrilled about my new adventure with Adriana; watching her grow up, teaching her everything in life and just plainly getting to spend every moment possible with her!! I need to soak this all in while I can. 

My mom was a stay at home mom. Brad's mom was a stay at home mom. I only feel it's fair to Adriana and fair to me that I be the one to raise her and not a stranger. And on top of that, to pay a stranger to raise my kid while I work to pay them to raise my daughter and be left with not a lot after that from my paycheck, just isn't worth it. Brad is also extremely happy and excited that I will be raising our daughter. It's honestly the best decision of my life, that is, aside from wanting to have a baby and becoming lucky enough to have the most amazing child in the world!

That brings us to today... I turned in my letter and sat down with my bosses and let them know the news! ...and it felt sooooo good! A huge sensation of relief and complete happiness overcame me afterwards. Will I miss working? A little bit. Will I miss adult interaction on a mostly daily basis? Sure. Will I miss the people I work with? Most definitely! But, spending this time with my daughter is worth so much more than all of that... One happy and excited mama over here :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment