Sunday, September 7, 2014

A Rock Star Birthday Party For My Little Princess

Yesterday, we had Adriana's 1st Birthday Party. It was what I would call a total success!!
Her invitation said it all. The theme was "Party Like a Rock Star" (and the color scheme was black, purple, hot pink and neon blue). It ended up being such a wonderful decision doing that theme.


I made her Rock Star tutu dress for the big day. With some helpful tips and a couple facetime sessions with Jackie, she helped me get it put together. It turned out SUPER cute!! Time consuming, but super cute! I also baked her smash cake and the cupcakes (which I did a chocolate and vanilla swirl). Brad's sister Nikki actually decorated the cakes though, and they turned out PERFECT!!!

We spent all morning decorating the house at his parents place. Luckily, the weather was awesome, so we were able to do things mostly outside. We got some snacks and pizza to feed everyone. We also got a kick ass guitar piñata for the kids. I didn't realize it was a pull strings one, and not a smash with a bat kind of one... Oops, my bad! Then we did presents and Adriana helped a little bit with that. After that, it was time for the smash cake. She loved it! Got super into it and coated in chocolate cake and blue frosting all over! Gramma Montemayor put her into the bath afterwards and once most people left, she took a nap. She wasn't fussy the entire time of the party, so I'm glad she went down rather quickly. It was a LONG day and she needed it.
It was a perfect day and I'm so thankful to everyone that was able to attend!
I only wish my mama could have been there.. It's just not the same without her here :-(

Below are pics and some captions to go along with them of the big day :-D


Sportin' her rock star tutu dress, handmade with love by mama :-)


I love my beautiful girl!

My fave pic!
She totally looks like my mom in this pic!! :-(
Birthday banner for a birthday princess!
We had all of the attendees sign it. We'll hang it at her 16th or 18th birthday party I think 
Balloons
More balloons!
Some of the food; not pictured is the pizza

Loot bags for the kids!
Adriana's loot bag
And even more balloons! I may have gone overboard. LOL

The cupcakes and her smash cake!
Don't they look great?


Playing the rock star part pretty well HAHA
Playing with her buddy Kallen

Rock Star piñata!

Adriana went first, with some help from her gramma Montemayor
Kallen is next, with help from his mama Brianna
Araceli did it!
Oscar's next.
Adriana's big cousin max carefully selects his string.
Angie is next!
Adriana's big cousin Hailey goes next.
Big cousin Kiara didn't want to be photographed.
Big cousin Keirdan is such a good sport!
Still not open, so Adriana got to go again.
I got tired of waiting so I took it and smashed it on the ground like the rock stars do on TV! LOL
Candy everywhere!

Presents!
I think Terra REALLY got the Hello Kitty for me! LOL
Mommy got her baby a plush Seahawks football.


My face is awesome!
Adriana says, "Hooray!"
Cute hat!
Cutest Seahawks dress and headband ever!!!
Again, my face. What the heck!!
Oh that's why!!! Her first Seahawks jersey!
She's having fun.
You can't really see it in this picture, but it's a hand beaded A to hang from her door. Soooooooo awesome!!!! Thank you Amber Brannam 

I'm saying, "Soooooooooooo cute!"

She's over presents!
Family pic!


Araceli is looking super cool!
And cute with the cupcake face!
Awwwwwwwwww Kallen!
Kids playing.
Theodore looking super cute!
Time for her cake!

Happy 1st birthday pumpkin!
She's thinking, "Hmmmmmmmmmm, what is this?"



Pretty tasty..



There you go baby girl. Get it!


Daddy decided to help her out. LOL


Feeding mommy.
I think she likes it! HAHA




:-)

LOVE! <3
UM, EXCUSE ME BALLOON, BUT YOU'RE INTERRUPTING MY BUSY AFTERNOON OF DEVOURING THIS CAKE!






Messy girl!

She destroyed a good portion of it!

Cutie Patootie!

Time for gramma to give me a bath!



My Facebook post thank you that day...
Thank you to everyone who was able to make it out to celebrate Adriana's 1st birthday party today!! It was such a special and perfect party - I couldn't have asked for anything better 
XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment