Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Ducky ~A Memorial~

On our trip to Salt Lake City at the end of May, we brought along Adriana's favorite binky/toy. We named him Ducky. Ducky went everywhere with her and 90% of the time fell asleep with Ducky in her mouth. For those few weeks before our trip, Adriana started realizing she can throw things.. She'd constantly throw toys out of her stroller and I'd have to pick them up and give them back or hide them so she'd stop.. 

One fateful day, Monday, May 26th to be exact. She had thrown Ducky out of her stroller a couple of times that day and once while I held her while when we were in a museum. Jackie had to finagle her arm under this gate thing just so she could get Ducky back... On the walk back to the car from the museum, I noticed in the 4-5 blocks we walked when I last saw Ducky, Ducky was no longer with Adriana in her stroller... I walked all of those almost 5 blocks to see if I could find him, even checked all of the bushes on the street. But alas, I came up empty handed.. Someone must have seen him on the ground in that 6 or 7 minutes after he was dropped.. or a car ran him over and drug him along the streets of downtown SLC...

I was devastated.. Brad was devastated. Ducky was a God-send. Adriana loved him, even though she tossed him out of the stroller. She didn't realize what she was doing.. She's just a baby - but, Ducky was the best. He helped us three through so much. And now he was gone. Just GONE. :-(

Thankfully, baby Bree has the same duck (I got it for her). So, Jackie let us borrow hers for the remainder of the trip. Brad and I knew we had to get another one when we returned home to Seattle from our trip... but after talking about it... We just couldn't bring ourselves to get another duck. It would have been too sad. It would have been an impostor. We instead, got her a green frog.. While Froggy is no Ducky, he's managing to fulfill the needs that Ducky aided with. Adriana doesn't know the difference.. It's still the same to her.. but Brad and I miss Ducky... We hope he's in good hands... 
R.I.P. Ducky

Here are pictures of Adriana's life with Ducky, from the very first time she ever held him, to the very last picture I ever took of him and her (on our trip in SLC).
WE MISS YOU DUCKY!!


First time with Ducky 10/1/13 (at 4 weeks old)

Adriana and her cousin Hailey
Baby B and Baby A with their quack quacks at 8 weeks old

Just spending Christmas with my Ducky

Me and Daddy with Ducky on Superbowl Sunday, when my Seahawks won the championship!!


Yup, even in my high chair I had Ducky!
<3

My first time in a shopping cart, and Ducky of course came along for the ride.
Hanging out with my buddy Kallen, and yup, Ducky is with me.

When I do my exercises, Ducky is there.
At restaurants, Ducky comes along too.
My great grandpa Montemayor is meeting me and Ducky for the first time.
I'm cool with Ducky and mommy's shades!
Just showing Ducky my dandelion.


Hanging out with my boyfriend Ayden, and Ducky had to come too (afterall, Ayden's mommy is who got me Ducky)..

Ducky had to come on my first plane ride ever. 



This is the last picture mommy got of me and Ducky.




No comments:

Post a Comment